Saturday, March 28, 2009

Junior Studio Work

It's going to take some time to catch up with all the stuff I've done, especially with how busy I am at the moment trying to get finished with some work for senior studio. That being said, I'll go back and start off with some of the work from junior studio. Which, for whatever reason, was only in the fall of '07 (no spring semester).

I'm really interested in cinema/film, and nothing inspires me like a good movie (especially a good movie with great lighting). So that's what I aim for in my studio photography. Not a Cindy Sherman's Untitled Film Stills, exactly, but just trying to work with lighting to give my photos a kind of 'movie quality' to them (Though to immediately contradict myself, two of them are "film stills of sorts"). Later in the semester, I made a couple movie posters for the hell of it. Keep in mind I'm a photographer, not a graphic designer. So yes- the text is awful. Like I said, it was for the hell of it.







(low-key lighting FTW, amirite?)

No comments:

Post a Comment